LHW Financial Planning Ltd (LHW) provides a full range of financial planning and advisory services to our clients. The provision of these services requires LHW to collect personal information including financial information in order to ensure that we can correctly arrange certain services such as the setting up of protection and investment plans. This information may also be needed so that we can provide ongoing financial planning advice to our clients.
LHW takes it’s responsibilities under the Data Protection legislation very seriously and we take great care to ensure that our client’s personal/financial data is treated appropriately and confidentially. However, it is often necessary for LHW to share your data with 3rd parties such as insurance companies and investment managers in order to provide services such as life insurance, pensions and investments. Without this information, these 3rd party service providers may be unable to complete and issue the required contracts which would mean that they may be unable to provide you with the services required.
LHW is a Data Controller under the Data Protection legislation. As a Data Controller, LHW will:-
- Only collect your data where this is necessary in order for us to provide you with the services
- Only provide your data to 3rd parties where this is necessary to provide the required services
and where we have obtained your prior consent in writing to do so.
- Ensure that you are provided with a copy of the data we hold about you on request.
- Ensure that you may correct any data that we hold about you if it is inaccurate or
- Ensure that, in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be
erased from our records.
- Where certain conditions apply, agree to have restrictions placed on how your data is
- On request, agree to transfer your data to another organisation.
- Respect your right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Provide you with a reason where we refuse your request under rights of access.
- Erase all data we hold for ex-clients after a maximum period of 6 years.
For reference, LHW’s Data Protection Officer is Roisin Kane who can be contacted on (01) 2170130.
Alternatively, any queries in relation to your personal data may be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org